Monday, April 12, 2010

Thank Goodness for my Grill Master - Bob…
(I really need to get over my grilling phobia!)

Green Onions, Spring Onions, Scallions or Ramps, whatever you want to call them - grilled, they are just like eating candy to me!

Ramps are a wild onion also known as a wild leek. Scallions are young onions that are harvested when their tops are still green and are also called green onions. Spring onions have larger bulbs and make a showing only in May and June.

In Season: Although they are available all year, scallions are at their peak in spring and summer. Spring onions are available in May and June. Ramps can be found from March to June.

I love them in my salad, or as any side dish, for any meal!  They are lucky to make it to my plate!  I just love the taste and flavors that grilling can add to just about any food!


No comments:

Post a Comment