Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ruby Red Grapefruits …

After about a month or so when I started my new healthy way of life, I asked my Guru if I could start to eat some fruit.  I had a list of do’s and don’ts!  I didn’t ask too many questions and followed her advice because everything was working out so beautifully.  One of the interesting things was I could have grapefruit (I prefer the ruby red) and not oranges.  I think it is because grapefruits have that touch of bitterness versus the sweetness of the orange that could trigger my sweet tooth.  It will always be a battle for me to conquer the craving for sweets and therefore I remain true to the grapefruit! 

Health benefits
According to health care professionals, consuming just half a grapefruit is enough to provide a substantial defense against many ailments, ranging from the common cold to cancer. This fruit is a potent source of vitamin C, which is a major antioxidant. The red variety of the grapefruit contains additional benefits in the form of lycopene and vitamin A. These are both significant antioxidants, which further boost the immune system in the fight against cancer.



1 comment:

  1. I want to see a list of those do's and don'ts for that first month.

    ReplyDelete