Wednesday, April 14, 2010

An Ideal week...

This is my exercise routine I strive for in the spring and summer.  During the Winter I did much more weight training and used our stationary bike.  I am so happy that the ice and all reminisce of snow are gone and I can partake in outdoor activities! For now I am trying to do weights 3 times a week, but I have increased my reps. So far (since March 11th) I have been able to ride my bike to and from work everyday.  That gives me a bonus of approximately 3.50 miles and depending on the wind approximately 15-25 minutes of exercise 2 times a day!   I have included the dates of past blogs for my weight training exercises that have been working for me!  I am constantly testing out new exercises, but the ones below are easy and what have shown remarkable results!
Monday
3-5 mile run (depending on time)
125-175 crunches
ride my bike to and from work
Tuesday
30 minutes on the stationary bike (I can get some reading time in and keeps my legs loose)
All my weight training exercise (see below for blog date details)
125-200 crunches,
50-70 Madonna arms,
30 squats
30 triceps
50 hallway lunges
50-80 crossovers
15-20 counter presses
Ride my bike to and from work
Wednesday
3-5 mile run and crunches
Bike to and from work
Thursday
Bike to and from work (early day at work)
Friday
30 minutes on stationary bike
crunches
All my weight training exercises
bike to and from work
Saturday
A long run 6-10 miles
Usually there are bike errands involved during the day, which is good because it really loosens up my legs from the long run
Sunday
I try to get a walk in or do errands on my bike and all my weight exercises

To see exercise details:
11/11/09 – Madonna arms
11/18/09 – crossovers
11/25/09 – crunches
12/16/09 – squats
12/23/09 – hallway lunges
12/30/09 – triceps
1/6/10 – counter presses



No comments:

Post a Comment